Help us make Forge product events better

Hey Forge dev community,

I’m a Forge Product Manager and I’m currently investigating:

• How you are using Forge product events.
  • Are you happy with the current events we have on the platform.
  • Whether we should make more product events available (and if so, which ones).

If you’re using product events and want to contribute, please let me know:

1. Which product events are you currently using?
  2. What are you using them for? If there are many use cases, a few key examples would be great.
  3. Have you had any problems with Forge product events in the past?
  4. Are there any product events you’d like to have but are currently missing from Forge? It will be very helpful if you could add a use case example for any suggested event.
  5. Anything else related to product events that you think will be good for us to hear as part of this investigation.

I really want to makes sure we get your voice heard as part of this discussion so don’t hold back!

Prefer a 1:1? Feel free to reach out to me via
Email: nnikolaevsky@atlassian.com
Calendly: Nir Nikolaevsky - Book a call

3 Likes

Hi Nir - wondering if there are any plans to extend the supported Confluence and Jira events? In addition to extending the event types, will the events be enriched with more info? For e.g. for a comment event, could we get the comment text?
That would be useful.

Thanks

Hey @FatmehShuman, thanks for your question.
There are no plans to enrich existing events with user generated content, but this is a conscious decision. The main reason for this is that the Forge security model is built around APIs and scopes to request this type of data, so to get a comment’s text you’d have to make a seperate API call.

Hope this adds some clarity here. If there are other types of event support/extension you’re interested in, let me know and I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Hi Nir

While this may be possible for new and edited comments it is impossible to use those APIs to get next for a delete comment event (issue updated). Same goes for the security level

Regards
Paul

2 Likes

We are trying to mirror data into another environment and would absolutely love if we could get an event when

• A release has been changed (dates/name)
  • A component has changed name
3 Likes

Was that input relevant to you Nir?