How to authenticate into external server (addon REST API)?

There are a lot of examples of authentication to JIRA API, but I can not find about authentication into external server (addon REST API).

I see only samples without auth.

It depends on the app vendor. You’ll need to contact them independently.

no-no, sorry, I mean, I am developing an addon. So need to path any kind of Jira credetials to my server.

@arthurdnu, you could implement your own solution, or use either of the ones we provide:

1 Like

thx very much! could u help with 2 more questions? I hope, they will be last.

1. How to create addon with only js scripts for create, update issue and create comment, update comment? I see pretty examples, but for Server, not for Cloud (examples for Cloud contains only new pages on new menu items).

2. Where to find full description of generalPages, etc., which will include “create, update issue and create comment, update comment issue”, etc.? Could not find it in docs.

@arthurdnu, rather than trying jump straight to examples, better start at Jira Cloud Platform and familiarize yourself with the platform concepts.

After that, you will want to look at the following reference documentation:

• The Jira REST API.
  • The Page modules in the Jira Connect app descriptor.
  • The Request module of the Jira Connect JavaScript API.
2 Likes

Thx! Sometimes examples are better. I think Server and Cloud docs are good, but some aspects are not clear, As I told, could not understand from these docs, how to add only js for pages with description or comment fields? Even doc says “Page->Page modules allow add-ons to insert new pages into Atlassian products.” So not for extending of existing.

P.S. Jira Server docs are enough clear about JS contexts.

I wasted 2+ weeks on Server and Cloud investigation. It is absolutely clear, how to build provided samples and modify them, but in Cloud docs it is not enough info (I am sorry for these words), I think. Looks like need to move code to chrome extension(((

If you think of the Server framework as a plugin+extension framework (with all of the good things of being able to do whatever you want in the js and java layers as well as all of the bad things that you can cause in those layers) and the Cloud framework as an extension framework (you should only be able to break your own stuff) then it starts to make more sense.

Either way - in Cloud you can basically add links to your own content and add your own content. You can’t muck with the Ui outside of that.