How to bypass Crowd authentication

Hello,

I am working on a plugin development. In-order to have data for testing, I have taken backup data from the Testing server Jira (System -> Backup system) and restored it in my local machine (System -> Restore system). My Testing Jira has Crowd authentication and so when I am trying to login my local JIRA setup (after restore) in my machine, it checks for Crowd authentication.
Is there a way to bypass the Crowd authentication ? Appreciate your help!

Regards,
Kumar

Hi @klkumar143,

I think that you could try to use recovery mode on your development instance and later on change the order of directories in user directories config page so that the Jira internal directory would be first one. Later on create a user in that internal directory so that you can use it for logging in.

Hope that helps,
Marcin Kempa

1 Like

Hi @mkempa,
Thank you for the reply. As per recovery mode for jira, it says to update in installation-directory>/bin/setenv.bat. But in my local machine instance, I don’t have setenv batch file. I am following this link for my plugin development.
Am I missing something in my setup?

Regards,
Kumar

I passed the arg “-Datlassian.recovery.password=password123” at the end in my atlas-run command and able to login as recovery_admin. And then followed your steps. Worked well.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Kumar

1 Like