How to hide webItems via condition in "atlassian-connect.json"

I am trying to control the visibility of a web item in either the board or backlog sections.

To achieve this, I added a webItem named “Menu in Board” to the modules section in my atlassian-connect.json file. This successfully displays the web item, which now offers a link to a project page.

In the app, the web item looks like this:

a) On a Board

b) At a Backlog

Here is how my atlassian-connect.json file is configured for the webItem:

"modules": {
  "webItems": [
    {
        "key": "tools-board",   
        "location": "jira.agile.board.tools",
        "weight": 101,
        "styleClasses": [
          "webitem",
          "system-present-webitem"
        ],
        "url": "/projects/{project.key}?selectedItem=com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-connect-plugin:tools-board__tools-board-project",
        "context": "product",
        "tooltip": {
          "value": "Work with Board"
        },
        "icon": { 
          "width": 16,
          "height": 16,
          "url": "https://my.azurewebsites.net/jira-project-page/assets/board.png"
        },
        "name": {
          "value": "Menu in Board" 
        },
        "conditions": [
          { 
            "condition": "entity_property_equal_to", 
            "params": { "entity": "project", "propertyKey": "tools.board", "value": "enabled" }
          }
        ]
      }
    ],

Now, my problem arises with the condition. I want customers to be able to disable this button on a per-project basis. That’s why I added this condition to the module definition:

"conditions": [
  { 
    "condition": "entity_property_equal_to", 
    "params": { "entity": "project", "propertyKey": "tools.board", "value": "enabled" }
  }
]

When I check the project’s propertyKey for “tools.board” via REST, then I get the propper data:

rest/api/3/project/10000/properties/tools.board returns:

I have tried various other condition settings but could never enable/disable the webItems by a propertyKey.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :heart:

Thanks in advance, Bernie

P.S. With the exact setting from above, I was able to enable/disable jiraProjectPages.