How to port plugin from Jira 7 to 8

Is there a simple way to port plugin to Jira 8? I have a plugin created with the CLI tool that shows version 7.13.0 in the POM file. My production server is 8.x. I cannot use my plugin because of the API incompatibility in SearchResult.getIssues vs getResults. So I wanted to move to 8 but don’t know how to do that. Is there a clear description of the process? I understand that I need to change the versions in POM. But how and to what? Is there a sample POM file I can use?

The steps are:

1. Upgrade the API version: Upgrade the API version to match the Jira version you want.
    The two main dependencies you need to upgrade are jira-api and jira-core.
    Ex: If you want to upgrade your plugin for Jira 8.0.0, so your dependency should look like this:
<dependencies>
  <dependency>
    <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
    <artifactId>jira-api</artifactId>
    <version>8.0.0</version>
    <scope>provided</scope>
  </dependency>
  <dependency>
    <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
    <artifactId>jira-core</artifactId>
    <version>8.0.0</version>
    <scope>provided</scope>
  </dependency>
</dependencies>
  1. Fix the breaking java code: After upgrading your API version, in your case, you will not be able to compile your code anymore because of the SearchResult.getIssues and SearchResult.getResults.
    So you need to go to the place where you have the dead code and fix them by using the alternative one.

2. Once you are done with fixing your code. You can make new jar by mvn package and install it in Jira 8.0.0.

Note: The new jar (with the API version 8.0.0) might only compatible with Jira 8.0.0, and incompatible with Jira 7.13.0. So you have to use 2 different jar files for two Jira versions.

Thanks a lot. An outstanding answer