How to programmatically get maxResults using c# & REST API?

Hi,
On this page Changing maxResults parameter for Jira Cloud REST API, it is stated that “Since maxResults limits may change over time and vary for different API resources, we recommend that REST API clients programmatically confirm maxResults value when making the request”.
How would I do this using c# & the REST API? At the moment, when I instantiate a rest client, I use
Atlassian.Jira.Jira jiraRestClient = Atlassian.Jira.Jira.CreateRestClient(jiraURL, jiraUserName, jiraPassword);
after this statement, debugging shows that jiraRestClient.MaxIssuesPerRequest is equal to 20, but by trial and error I can see that the maximum value that I could set this to and still have that maximum value honoured is 100.
How do I programmatically get this max upper limit other than by trial and error (which would mean hitting the servers more often than necessary), given that your API spec says it can change over time and endpoint?

Your initial request should include the maxResults value you’d like (e.g. 1000), then you need to check the maxResults value provided in the response (e.g. 50) and potentially request additional results (using the new maxResults value) if Jira has returned less results than you wanted.

@jbevan When you say ‘response’, which c# object would this be in? I get my query results using LINQ by first establishing a JIRA REST client as mentioned above, and then doing this:

IQueryable x = jiraRestClient.Issues.Queryable.Where(i => i.Project == projectName &&
i.Assignee == personJiraID &&
i.Status != “Done” && i.Status != “Rejected”);

I’ve got no idea what C# object it would be in - I’m unfamiliar with the libraries you’re using - but the response from Jira’s search REST endpoint looks like:

{
    maxResults: 50,
    total: 1234,
    startAt: 0,
    issues: []
}

but obviously the issues array usually contains issue details.

Thanks, @jbevan - I use the Atlassian.Net SDK, so I’ve posted this in the hope that there’s an easy way to do it other than first examining raw json and then using the sdk calls :slight_smile: