iE 11 dropdowns not working in Jira 8.3

Hi
We do have problems with dropdowns in iE11. If a issue is requested from the Issue Search page its dropdowns aren’t working even in the Wiki Renderer and a JavaScript error is visible in the DevTools Console:

DEPRECATED JS - Dropdown2 lazy initialisation has been deprecated since 5.8.0 and will be removed in 9.0.0. Use initialisation on DOM insertion instead.  Dropdown2 triggers should have all necessary attributes on DOM insertion  
 No stack trace of the deprecated usage is available in your current browser.
SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'toggle'
File: batch.js, Line: 380, Column: 14571

There is also a Bugfix issue for this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-60755, but Atlassian doesn’t seem to have any interest to fix it.

Can anyone tell me if they might have found a workaround for this - other than reloading the page - which isn’t acceptable at all?

Thanks for your help
Andrea

I couldn’t reproduce this in the upcoming version of Jira, which is 8.4 exactly following the steps mentioned in JRASERVER-60755 issue. What version are you using?
Are you able to reproduce this consistently or is it occurring rarely?

Hi tjoy
We’re having it on Jira 8.2.2 and 8.3.0. Our iE version is 11.0.9600.19377. There is already a Javascript error on the Issue Search page:

SCRIPT5022: IssueTable hasn't been properly initialized
File: batch.js, Line: 3417, Column: 1944

I assume this might be the problem for the further requests. There is also no left sidebar on the Issue page itself when it gets called from the Search page. I have now added some Javascript which changes the opening link behavior on the Search page to open the Issues in a new Tab if the browser is iE. But this is still not very user friendly but even better then tell the users they must reload all day long each Issue page they’re opening over the Search.

We have it consistently but we’re also still on Windows 7, maybe this makes the difference? I don’t know what OS you’re on…

Regards,
Andrea

I couldn’t reproduce this with Jira 8.2.2 on windows 7 & IE 11 (11.0.9600.18920) using steps mentioned in JRASERVER-60755: https://youtu.be/J_1DR9cDp_k
Let me know if I did something wrong while reproducing it ^

Chances are there is a plugin/custom JavaScript causing this error

Hi tjoy
It is exactly what we’re doing but usually we don’t use the detail view but the behavior is the same. When I click on More I get this error in the Console:

I can remove all our code in the Announcement Banner and set the Apps to save mode, would this be enough for a test?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Andrea