Incoming web triggers: Static URL or programmatically generation

According to documentation, the web trigger URL needs to be generated using the Forge CLI, and this is fine if you are developing an internal/private app. But, if your app is supposed to go in the Marketplace, and needs to show the user a URL where to point an external service to, well the CLI is not an option. So my question is, is there a way to generate this URL in runtime or to have a static one?

Thanks!

1 Like

You’ll want to make use of the web trigger api:
https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/runtime-reference/web-trigger-api/

4 Likes

This seems like a good question for others to see, adding to #codegeist-2021 - Thanks Domingo!

Thank you, guys!

Hi @danielwester @DomingoLupo,
This is exactly the scenario I’m facing. Could you please elaborate on the solution you used? I’m not sure at which point I can should use the webtrigger API.

The way I see the flow is: Admin installs app > site specific webtrigger url is available for the third party to save > webtrigger url is used as part of the app’s functionality.

I’m not really sure where and how the webtrigger url is available. Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks!