Introducing "Development Mode" for Bitbucket Cloud apps

In an effort to improve security on Bitbucket Cloud, we are introducing “development mode,” similar to other Atlassian products, which users will need to enable when installing an app that isn’t listed in the marketplace. More info here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/development-mode/

1 Like

@sconaty Why such short notice on switching to mode (7 days)?
Do the marketplace team know that they have to expedite Bitbucket app reviews for Monday the 14th of October?
I assume this impacts the “Install an app from your site or application” process? This documentation hasn’t been updated.

I assumed using the “Develop app” feature within the Bitbucket isn’t good enough? One of the issues we face is we don’t have a Marketplace facing installation process. We intergrate Jira and Bitbucket and use the install button from within Jira to integrate the two.

1 Like

Do the marketplace team know that they have to expedite Bitbucket app reviews for Monday the 14th of October?

I’ll do what I can to help you out here.

I assume this impacts the “Install an app from your site or application” process? This documentation hasn’t been updated.

We can update this page. We’re hoping that the way in which we’ve rolled this out that it will be discoverable and that people will be able to recover from this change in behavior.

I assumed using the “Develop app” feature within the Bitbucket isn’t good enough?

That’s correct. There are lots of benefits to using the “Develop app” feature, but you’d still need to go through the normal marketplace process.

…we don’t have a Marketplace facing installation process. We intergrate Jira and Bitbucket and use the install button from within Jira to integrate the two.

This is also understandable, I’m hoping there’s a way to have a record of your app in the marketplace without it being discoverable. Essentially saying you’d like to direct users to the install flow via your app as your only install flow.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt response @sconaty
I’ll follow up on the email you have sent.

Thanks
Alan

@sconaty Would registering the App as private the in the Marketplace meet the requirements for this change? It seems away of making it hidden within the Marketplace