Is it possible to link Connect app installs to existing customer accounts?

Hello, we currently have a product which uses 3LO to integrate with Jira Cloud. We’re interested in supporting Atlassian Connect to take advantage of features that are only supported by this integration (although I don’t really understand why there is a feature discrepancy here in the first place).

I’d like to know if it’s possible to initiate the installation of a Connect app along with some state in order to link that installation to an existing account on our side. This is possible with 3LO parameter but I can’t find any way of doing something comparable for Connect apps.

Is this sort of thing possible?

Hi @BWW,

The installation of a Connect app is initiated by an administrator of a tenant. There are some lifecycle events that provide your app with context about the installation, but there’s no formal relationship between Connect app installations and accounts that have granted permissions to an OAuth 2.0 (3LO). The closest solution I can think of involves your Connect app searching for users using the REST API and associating the returned account IDs with your 3LO app grants. The account to Connect app installations would be a one to many relationship sice a single account could have access to multiple tenants where your Connect app is installed.

Regards,
Dugald