Is oAuth app developer specific?

Hi,

I want to create an oAuth(2.0) app to access Jira rest endpoints. Can the app only be created using developer account on console and not using enterprise account? What happens if the developer leaves/removed from the enterprise account, does the app also gets removed along with secrets?

Hi @renishcharaniya. Welcome to the dev community. At this time, OAuth 2.0 integrations/apps are owned/managed at the developer account level. If you do have a production-level / mission-critical OAuth 2.0 app, it might be best to create a separate account that is not bound to a specific employee.

What happens if the developer leaves/removed from the enterprise account, does the app also gets removed along with secrets?

Great question. I’ve reached out to the team internally to find out what exactly happens in this case. I have some assumptions, but perhaps its best to wait for the facts. :slight_smile: I’ll keep you posted.

All of that being said, multi-account app ownership is on the roadmap, and we’ll share more information as soon as we can.