Issue Changelog Reporting

Good Morning,

I am looking for a way to see issues that move from one project to another. Currently, I have a requests project where all initial requests are entered, refined, and then they’re shipped off to a different project to be developed. The stakeholder list that receives the issues that transitioned from PROJ-A to PROJ-B (etc.) would be quite valuable to me. Is there a way to easily grab this, or would it probably be a waste of time?

The best option that I could think of is to write a API query that would look at issues and their change-logs to see what project they started with and where they were moved to. I also thought about trying to pull all issues that have been created in a project (aka Original Project) and then I could use the group of IDs to check change-logs, but those are my ideas without digging into this for longer than 15 minutes. I saw some conflicting responses while Googling this, so I thought I would write a discussion topic here and ask the experts. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Ben

Hey Ben,
You can also consider registering an issue_updated webhook to get instant notification each time issue is moved from one project to the other. Webhook payload will contain the information about the destination project (ie. the Project to which issue was moved to).

Thanks for the suggestion! I will look into it!