I've been waiting for marketplace approval for 3 weeks. Is this normal?

I submitted my app to the marketplace 3 weeks ago and I’m still waiting for anybody to even acknowledge my ticket. Is this normal? I can’t tell if this is just a delay or if there’s nobody on the other side looking at these tickets.

How long did it take you to get your app reviewed?

Hi @AbhinChhabra,

did you submit a Server, Data Center or Cloud app approval?

From my experience:

• Server: > 4 weeks for all products has to be expected. You will most likely not get any reply before Atlassian approves the app, or rejects it due to problems
  • Data Center: <7 days, usually <2 days for Jira and Confluence. I have no knowledge about Bitbucket though.
  • Cloud: I’ve seen approvals take between one and many weeks.

Note that Atlassian has separate teams, so the people working on Data Center do not work on the Server apps. Same for Cloud. I do not like these long waiting times, but in my opinion the worst part is if you want to submit your app for Server, Data Center and Cloud at the same time. Then it will most likely take months before all versions are approved, as you cannot do the app approvals in parellel.

Cheers,
Dennis

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply @dennis.fischer. It’s very helpful. I submitted for Bitbucket Cloud app approval. But I guess it’s good to know that this is still within the “normal” wait times.