Jira Cloud - Get All Users API - Not returning inactive users

The Jira Cloud Documentation mentions that Get All Users API returns both active and inactive users. We use this API to get “display name” and “email” for all users that are associated to a Jira Cloud Instance for our app customers.

We call the API from our app internally, using the JWT authentication through the standard rest template request. For a week or so, we have stopped getting inactive users in response and hence we are not able to display names of the users to whom our app entities are assigned and are currently inactive on the instance.
This has started breaking our customer reports and dashboards for their saved filters.

If I call the same API using the Basic Authentication of username and Jira-access-token, I am getting both active and inactive users.

We are not passing any filters to the search all users API since we need to get all the users whether active or inactive.

Kindly let us know if there is an issue from Jira side which will be resolved soon.

Please let me know if you need more information and thank you for your time and help.

1 Like

JIRA,
Any news on that item?
I have same problem.