Jira Cloud new issue view: Are glance and issue content always displayed at the bottom?

Hello,

In the old atl.jira.view.issue.left.context and atl.jira.view.issue.right.contextissue view locations, it was possible to determine the position where these panels were displayed through the weightattribute.

However, these seem to be deprecated now. In the new locations, can I determine them to be shown at the top of the issue view, just below the Description, or do they always go all the way to the bottom?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Jesse

Hey Jesse, welcome to our developer community.

In the new issue view, it isn’t possible to define the position of an app glance or panel at this time. This doesn’t appear to be on any near-term roadmaps, but I have passed it on to the relevant team for consideration.

I know this wasn’t the answer you were hoping for :frowning: Feel free to let me know if there’s any other way I can help.

1 Like

There was similar question in the past: New Jira Issue View - How to position our plugin content panel in the issue view

And here is the ACJIRA ticket: [ACJIRA-1561] - Ecosystem Jira

I suggest to comment and vote the ticket so it gets more attention.

Thanks @SimonKubica and @jack for the brief replies. Yeah at the moment the new issue view extensions are not very usable due to limited customization opportunities.

Thanks a lot for passing on the feedback and also commented on the ACJIRA ticket to hopefully get some visibility for this.