Jira cloud rest api integration through Oauth-2-3LO

@SahilAnower,

I wish it were that simple. For the case of that single issue endpoint, yes. You can use the classic scope and it covers all the granular scopes. But, over a set of multiple endpoints and their scopes, I’m not sure the mapping is so simple.

To help you decide which to use, a short history lesson is required. Atlassian is trying to move to more fine-grained scopes. But, in rolling out the new scopes we discovered a number of problems and the rollout has been paused. In my personal estimation (not an official statement or informed by internal engineering), any path forward is likely to require a new set of scopes (probably using a lot of the granular scopes, but not 100% compatible), which means that neither classic nor granular scopes are future proof. Therefore, my recommendation is to use the simplest thing that could possibly work. If that’s classic scopes for you, use them. As it happens, that is how the classic scopes are current “tagged” in the REST API docs (as recommended).

Sorry for all the nuance but these details can be important to the kinds of design decisions you are trying to make.