Jira Issue Action Modal not displaying consent screen

Hi there,

I’m trying to display a modal as an issue action that uses the useIssueProperty hook. From other modules, I’m used to there being a consent screen the first time this is done. This accompanied by the log showing something like this:

> forge logs
ERROR   2021-01-19T17:21:35.414Z 9ece4bd8-fb66-4cb8-bbe9-fd2011d2de66 {
  name: 'NEEDS_AUTHENTICATION_ERR',
  serviceKey: 'atlassian-token-service-key'
}

For the issue action modal however, this consent screen is never shown. If the user gave consent in another module, like the issue glance, beforehand, the modal works just fine.
But if the user never gave consent, there the meatball menu button converts to a spinner for a few seconds, the aforementioned message is logged, then the spinner goes back to the meatball icon with nothing else happening.

My app is definitely using the required scopes (read:jira-work, write:jira-work) and it works just fine if I don’t try to use the useIssueProperty hook

Now, my question is: Am I using this wrong or is this a bug?

I have been able to distill my code into a minimal sample that reproduces the issue. You can find it at Bitbucket

Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:
Tobi

1 Like

Hi Tobi!

I’ve reproduced this issue on my instance. It seems to be a bug. I’ve passed the information to the team implementing this hook - we’ll be back with more information soon.

Thank you for reporting it! :slight_smile:
Mateusz

2 Likes

Hi Tobi,

an owning team confirmed that it’s a bug and they plan to work on fixing it.

Thank you :slight_smile:
Mateusz

2 Likes