Jira Plugin Data Center Compatibility

Hello,

I have created a JIRA plugin on my local machine and uploaded the plugin to my JIRA Data Center integration environment.
My plugin has a positive case and negative case. The positive case is where the business logic executes. The negative case displays a page to configure your JIRA project. This negative case is the only one that works.
The positive case just displays a blank white page with no text, with nothing happening in the background.

I was thinking that this issue exists because my plugin was not developed with Data Center edition in mind. However, all my modules are shown and are active.

Some additional info/concerns:
My negative case is a servlet redirect to display some text-- my java code is not called, strictly just html with a decorator.
Whereas, my positive case executes java code, then serves up a confirmation page (this confirmation page is strictly html).

1. I have uploaded my plugin to a fresh copy of JIRA.
  2. Copy/pasted plugin to new location
  3. executed command atlas-create-jira-plugin
  4. pointed the jar file to the new instance
  5. tested both positive and negative cases manually, they both work as expected
PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
try{
     if (getCurrentProjectKey().equals(projectKey)) { //the check
                BusinessLogic.start();//business logic gets called
                out.println("<h1>Completed Automation, Check Confluence.</h1></html>");
                response.sendRedirect(URL_LOCATION);
            } else {
                    response.sendRedirect("/jira/plugins/servlet/projectnotconfigured");
            }
} catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
}

EDIT for more information:

Looking more into the issue, absolutely nothing is happening behind the scene of the positive case.
Upon inspection of the served page, the HTML is empty.

<html><head><style type="text/css">
:root #content > #right > .dose > .dosesingle,
:root #content > #center > .dose > .dosesingle,
:root #header + #content > #left > #rlblock_left,
:root #main-content > [style="padding:10px 0 0 0 !important;"]
{ display: none !important; }</style><style>#header + #content > #left > #rlblock_left,
#content > #right > .dose > .dosesingle,
#content > #center > .dose > .dosesingle,
#main-content > [style="padding:10px 0 0 0 !important;"]
{display:none !important;}</style></head><body></body></html>

Please advise and let me know if I need to be more clear on my issue.

Thanks in advance!

Most likely you are getting an exception. Try writing out to the log. You won’t see the error the way you’re doing it.

private final Logger log = Logger.getLogger(this.getClass());

log.error(“Something went wrong.”, e);

Thanks, Justin!
I’ve isolated and fixed an uncaught error from my code.