Jira plugin development Error - Compilation Failure

On step 2 of the Hello World plugin tutorial I run into the following Compilation failure error:

PS Z:\Atlassian Plug In\myPlugin> atlas-run
[INFO] Project POM found
Executing: “C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.16\apache-maven-3.5.4\bin\mvn.cmd” com.atlassian.maven.plugins:amps-dispatcher-maven-plugin:8.0.2:run -gs C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.16\apache-maven-3.5.4/conf/settings.xml
[INFO] Scanning for projects…
[INFO]
[INFO] ------------------< com.atlassian.tutorial:myPlugin >-------------------
[INFO] Building myPlugin 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] --------------------------[ atlassian-plugin ]--------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] >>> amps-dispatcher-maven-plugin:8.0.2:run (default-cli) > package @ myPlugin >>>
[INFO]
[INFO] — jira-maven-plugin:8.0.2:compress-resources (default-compress-resources) @ myPlugin —
[INFO] Compiling javascript using YUI
[INFO] 0 Javascript file(s) were minified into target directory Z:\Atlassian Plug In\myPlugin\target\classes
[INFO] 0 CSS file(s) were minified into target directory Z:\Atlassian Plug In\myPlugin\target\classes
[INFO] Compressing XML files
[INFO] 0 XML file(s) were minified into target directory Z:\Atlassian Plug In\myPlugin\target\classes
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-resources-plugin:3.1.0:resources (default-resources) @ myPlugin —
[INFO] Using ‘UTF-8’ encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 7 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] — jira-maven-plugin:8.0.2:filter-plugin-descriptor (default-filter-plugin-descriptor) @ myPlugin —
[INFO] Using ‘UTF-8’ encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 1 resource
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:compile (default-compile) @ myPlugin —
[INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
[INFO] Compiling 2 source files to Z:\Atlassian Plug In\myPlugin\target\classes
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[ERROR] No compiler is provided in this environment. Perhaps you are running on a JRE rather than a JDK?
[INFO] 1 error
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 6.612 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2019-09-10T15:00:28-07:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:compile (default-compile) on project myPlugin: Compilation failure
[ERROR] No compiler is provided in this environment. Perhaps you are running on a JRE rather than a JDK?
[ERROR]
[ERROR] → [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] MojoFailureException - Apache Maven - Apache Software Foundation

I show Javac - version and the SDK installed successfully

and JAVA_HOME is set appropriately to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_221 and added to the path as a variable as %JAVA_HOME%\bin

I am aware of the solution described here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Getting-quot-Compilation-Error-No-compiler-is-provided-quot-but/qaq-p/529288

but that does not seem to be my issue; I have only one instance of JDK installed and one JAVA_HOME variable. Help!?

1 Like