Jira plugin development sample Software Project

I followed the tutorial at Set up the Atlassian Plugin SDK and build a project to install the Atlassian SDK and start building some plugins :slight_smile: All good no issues there; however, I can only create “Business” projects. I would like to create a sample “Software” project. How can I do that? Do I have to install it under a different configuration? Do I need license…?

Use this KB article to define additional applications for development (In this case, we want JIRA Software to be installed additionally).

Atlassian AM PS 5.1.7 and above supports a new element: applications. This element defines a list of additional applications that should be installed on another tested product. For example, the following configuration will install JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk on top of JIRA Core:

com.atlassian.maven.plugins maven-jira-plugin jira-software ${jira.software.application.version} jira-servicedesk ${jira.servicedesk.application.version} ```

https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/advanced-topics/configure-amps-to-run-jira-core-with-additional-applications-installed

3 Likes