Jira SDK 6.2.14: java.io.FileNotFoundException ... commons-cli.jar

Hi together,

I posted this question yesterday at answers.atlassian, but since it is related to Jira SDK I again post it here:
(I will remove the other ticket in case I get any answer in this forum).

After upgrading to JIRA SDK 6.2.14 (and JIRA 7.2/7.3) I get multiple file not found errors on several jar files in the atlassian-jira.log file:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\commons-cli.jar java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\jts1_0.jar java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\carol.jar java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\jonas_timer.jar java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\idb.jar java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\classes12.jar java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\p6psy.jar

Similar issue was opend here: java.io.FileNotFoundException - Upgrade Jira Core 7.2.6. In that ticket it was recommend to turn off JAR manifest scan by adding to the Tomcat server.xml before context tag.

How can I do this for the JIra SDK?

In my $USERPROFILE i can find .m2\repository\org\apache\tomcat\apache-tomcat\8.0.36-atlassian-hosted\apache-tomcat-8.0.36-atlassian-hosted-windows-x64.zip

I assume this is taken during atlas-run. But the contained server.xml does not hav a context section. I changed instead the contained context.xml - but without any effect. Error messages still appear.

Do you have any recommendation or hint?

Thanks in advance

Christoph

2 Likes

@piotrowski I had the same problem. This is due to the container being Tomcat 8, but it must be Tomcat 7. I found this in the article https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMPS-1294 which solved this problem for me.

atlas-debug -v 7.0.0 -c tomcat7x

Hi David,
I still had this Problem but I just got error Messages and could continue development - it did not really blocked my.
So THANKS SO MUCH for your help! I just changed my atlas-run call and now file not found Messages are gone!
:slight_smile:

Have nice Weekend!

Jira 7.x actually uses Tomcat 8, so while forcing AMPS to use Tomcat 7 might suppress these messages, it means you’re not running your plugin in a production-like environment.

I’ve logged AMPS-1429 about the log messages, because the KB article about fixing this in production instances doesn’t apply to plugin developers, as the OP noted.

2 Likes

Hi Andrew, thanks so much for your post after quite some time. I will be happy to get a better solution using Tomcat8.