We’ve just released a sample of Jira Server 7.9 as part of the Early Access Program (EAP) to let you know about the changes coming to Jira.
With this release, we’re bringing the following improvements:
- New supported database: Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
- Faster Kanban boards: To improve performance and reduce the clutter, the ‘Done’ column of your Kanban board now only shows recently modified issues.
- Extended wildcard search: You can now use a wildcard when searching through all version fields.
- Delimiters for CSV: When exporting your issues to CSV, you can choose one of the four most commonly used delimiters: comma, semicolon, vertical bar, and caret.
- Disabling empty JQL queries: You can control how an empty JQL query behaves—returning either all issues (like it is now) or no results at all. This will help you avoid performance issues with empty filters created by mistake.
- New events in the audit log: boards (created, deleted), sprints (deleted).
You can read more about this release and how to download on the developer blog.