JIRA web panel and its attribute of location

Thank you for your visiting.

Here are some source code from jira-view-issue-plugin.jar.

<web-panel key="attachmentmodule" **location="atl.jira.view.issue.left.context"** weight="300">
		<param name="contentRenderingInstructionsProviderClass">com.atlassian.jira.plugin.viewissue.AttachmentBlockContentRenderingInstructionsProvider</param>
		<context-provider class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.contextproviders.MultiContextProvider">
			<param name="pluginKey">com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin</param>
			<param name="ctxProvider-1">com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.contextproviders.I18nContextProvider</param>
			<param name="ctxProvider-2">com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.contextproviders.BaseUrlContextProvider</param>
			<param name="ctxProvider-3">com.atlassian.jira.plugin.viewissue.AttachmentBlockContextProvider</param>
		</context-provider>
		<resource name="view" type="soy" location=":soy-templates/JIRA.Templates.ViewIssue.renderAttachments"/>
		<conditions type="OR">
			<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.CanAttachFileToIssueCondition"/>
			<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.NoAttachmentsCondition" invert="true"/>
		</conditions>
		<label key="common.concepts.attachments.files"/>
	</web-panel>

I made a view page in my custom JIRA plugin ,and the page could be velocity template,jsp or soy.

I want to use web-panel element to make the view page ,just like the source code above.

Is it possible to customize the location attribute of web-panel?

Yes, there are a number of locations that you can use. See the Atlassian documentation on Web fragments - a web panel is a type of web fragment - for a catalog of the standard JIRA locations.

1 Like