JIRA8 inline edit of third party custom field - how to disable auto save on blur

Hi guys,

I write custom plugin for Jira8 to add new type of custom field, which are containig som buttons, pop-ups and modal views.
When this custom field is in inline edit mode and i click to one of my button which open modal, my custom field loses focus and is automaticly saved.
I found this page Extending inline edit for JIRA plugins where is this sentence: “All of JIRA’s system and custom fields opt in to save on blur. However, save on blur is disabled by default for third party custom fields.
I do not set up any BlurTriggerMapping for my custom field, so i would expect that is saved only on my click to save inline edit button.
Why or what is triggering auto save on my custom field and how can I disable it?

I know this is a very old thread, but in case anybody shows up here through Google, here’s the Jira documentation on how to alter the save on blur behaviour of Jira’s inline edit capability: Extending inline edit for JIRA plugins

1 Like