jiraProjectPages do not work if sidebar is collapsed in a Service Desk project

I think I have found an interesting bug in Service Desk’s addon module handling:

I have a jiraProjectPages module. The module works just fine when the project sidebar is expanded. However, when the sidebar is collapsed, the module does not load. Network activity show that the module iframe is not loaded at all.

Instead, I am getting this unelpful message:

mazio

I thought this was an issue with my addon. However, I am seeing this with pretty all addons (mine or not) that put jiraProjectPages in SD projects.

For non-SD projects, everything seems to be fine.

Anybody knows what’s going on?

I have this descriptor:

"jiraProjectPages": [
      {
        "key": "project-chat-dashboard",
        "name": {
          "value": "some title"
        },
        "url": "/someurl",
        "iconUrl": "/someotherurl",
        "weight": 1,
        "conditions": [
          {
            "condition": "project_type",
            "params": {
              "projectTypeKey": "service_desk"
            }
          },
          {
            "condition": "servicedesk.is_agent"
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
1 Like

Hey Janusz,

Thanks for detailed description of the bug - we will track the status in [ACJIRA-2214] - Ecosystem Jira , please watch the issue for updates.

Please note that for the time being it’s possible to workaround the bug by expanding the sidebar, or transitioning to Connect project page from other project pages (e.g. Queues).

1 Like

I do not think the “transistioning from another page” workaround works. I have tried simply copying and pasting full page URL to a new browser window and it definitely does not work. Also, I have an issue galnce that contains a link to that project page and it also does not work.

Kudos for reaction @kkaczmarczyk! We lost few customers because of this bug, I guess they did not find out that workaround, and from their POV it looked like our app was broken.

Please note that for the time being it’s possible to workaround the bug by expanding the sidebar, or transitioning to Connect project page from other project pages (e.g. Queues).

This reminds me about the joke about programmers:

A project manager, a computer programmer and a computer operator are driving down the road when the car they are in gets a flat tire. The three men try to solve the problem.

The project manager said: “Let’s catch a cab and in ten minutes we’ll reach our destination.”

The computer programmer said: “We have here the driver’s guide. I can easily replace the flat tire and continue our drive.”

The computer operator said: “First of all, let’s turn off the engine and turn it on again. Maybe it will fix the problem.”

Suddenly a software engineer passed by and said: “try to close all windows, get off the car, and then get in and try again.”

Hey @JanuszGorycki @Grzegorz.Tanczyk the fix is released. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

1 Like