JSD classic project + new issue view

One of our customer has the new issue view enabled in a classic JSD project. Could you share your rollout plan for that? Are you planning to implement and release Issue Layout for JSD project then? If yes, will it be similar to the Software project in which you can edit layout for issue type or will it be similar to SD next-gen project in which there is an layout editor for a request type.

I am afraid about future of one of our plugin - Extension Cloud. We are using panel on customer portal request page, where we display dynamic fields. Those fields are connected to the issue type, but cannot be added to the request type ( because they would be duplicated on the form)
In the new issue view, fields that were updated/added by our add-on are displayed as secondary fields - you need to click more to see them ( only fields from request type are presented in main panel). Without layout editor which is based on issue type, fields added by our app will be less accessible and probably this will generate a lot of question/frustration from our customers.

For similar reasons I am also afraid that our app will not integrate well with SD next-gen projects.

1 Like

Hi @maciej.dudziak, thanks for your questions, which I’ll answer inline below:

Could you share your rollout plan for that?
We have currently switched on the new issue view for all evaluators that are new to Jira, as well as a very small subset of existing customers. We won’t be rolling out to more customers until we’ve released Issue Layout configuration to JSD projects.

Are you planning to implement and release Issue Layout for JSD project then?
As per above, yes. This is unlikely to be shipped for another few months, owing to the complexity of tying this feature into the request type configuration that we already support in JSD. We aren’t planning on making major modifications to request type config - only links between its existing screens and the new issue layout config screen. Alongside providing support for Issue Layout, we also intend to modify the current behaviour of fields, including those of 3rd party apps (i.e. like JSW projects, they will appear outside of ‘show more’)

Hopefully this answers your questions - please let me know if it raises any new ones.

Hi @cbartle,

Is there a chance, for vendors, to quicker rollout new issue view for developer instance of Atlassian Cloud?
It will help with testing Jira Service Desk apps with new issue view.

Regards

Hi @cbartle,

Alongside providing support for Issue Layout, we also intend to modify the current behaviour of fields, including those of 3rd party apps (i.e. like JSW projects, they will appear outside of ‘show more’)

Does this mean that as an admin I will be able to move any field (i.e. a field which is added to issuetype but not to the request type) to the main view (outside of ‘show more’)?

Hi @maciej.dudziak - so sorry about the slow response!

We don’t have a way for vendors to self-serve in switching on the new issue view, but if you provide me with the instance that you wish to enable it on, I can arrange for that happen (feel free to DM if you’d prefer).

As for your second question - yes, you’ll be able to use Issue Layout to modify the placement of fields that aren’t included in the request type.

1 Like