Log work with project automation

hi team,

i set a rule log work with project automation , is that possible to change the actor from me to the exact person who triggers the rule?actor

You may want to take a look on this : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/advanced-automation-rule-options/

1 Like

hi ,

checked with the guide in the link provided, “Configuration” button could not be found, could you help check with attached screenshot to change the actor to “User who triggered the rule”?

Sorry, this was before August 30

This article is relevant to Legacy automation in service projects created before August 30, 2021. If you don’t see Legacy automation in your service project, check out these Automation articles.

Now you have to work with the new way and use the smart values

{{initiator}}
The user who triggered the rule.

{{initiator.displayName}}

Select the Worklog
Click on “Use smart values”
But i don’t know how it works and didn’t found any example
If i put something else than a date format, it is not working, i got this message : Invalid date format. Please enter the date in the format “yyyy-MM-dd’T’HH:mm:ss.SSSZ”. (started)
If i put a date followed buy the the initiator smart value, it display it in the comment of the worklog and the initiator still Automation for Jira

Sorry, maybe someone from Atlassian can explain what happened with the old feature in the new way of doing things ???

do you know any expert of my issue or can you forward this case to any one who expertise on it? thanks