Marketplace Approval

Hi @brendan,

Thanks for asking, we see this question pretty regularly.

We have a Marketplace policy whereas all apps, even apps that have been approved to the Marketplace for a long time, must go through an app review if they do one of the following:

• a payment model change
  • changes to scopes
  • release for a new hosting platform like cloud or data center

Any new app, or any app that has recently released a new version with the above goes through the full review process. That includes being dropped in the queue and waiting until we can get to it.

Your app was added to the review queue because the version you released is now a Paid via Atlassian app. Congrats btw!

We do treat these versions the same as any new, untested app, partly due to fairness. A full review is usual, although if we’re familiar with the product it may take less time to finalize. I’ll keep you up to date on the ticket and try to take a look sometime this week.

And thank you! I appreciate hearing that our efforts are having a positive impact. I feel like my team has done a lot of work to do to keep up with the success of the Marketplace, but we need to do a lot more. That may include more headcount (I’m hopeful) but it isn’t the only solution. If we are able to hire more people for the support team I’ll make sure they introduce themselves to you and everyone here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@jgaard Thank you for these clear, concise answers.

Apologies if I missed where this is documented. Or perhaps this is now the documentation? :slight_smile:

Those do make sense. I’ll keep an eye on our ticket if there is anything we can do to help the team further evaluate the app.

Cheers,
Brendan

Hi @jgaard,

Our app has been in the queue now for 10 biz days.
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/9/AMKTHELP-18698

Any update? Anything we can do to facilitate the review?

Cheers,
Brendan

Looks like it was picked up by Ankur a few days ago.

Thanks @jgaard, It was! Approved 10 biz days on the nose (~15 total days), I should have waited one more day. Much appreciated!

Hi @jgaard,

I currently have an app waiting for approval since Oct 1st (± 14 working days), and I would love to have it approved (AMKTHELP-18968). But my question is more structural.

I’m sure there are many vendors having apps waiting for approval, and I do understand that this process takes time to complete. Without starting a discussion on the actual time it takes, I’m mostly missing is a bit of transparency and communication in this process. How many are before me, what is the average turnaround time, etc.?

Having no idea when your app gets approved makes it almost impossible to align marketing efforts and other planning. One could argue that it is hurting a vendor’s business or at least has a huge impact.

Would it be possible to have some indication of the actual, up-to-date, turnaround time on approval tickets? Ideally, in a centralized place like the support portal or, ie. Statuspage. Is there something the ecosystem can do to help in this effort?

In my opinion, it’s not about getting approved quicker. It’s more about being predictable so the business can be aligned.

Cheers,
Stefan

4 Likes

Hi, @jgaard @ayarazarvi @mpaisley

I have same issue with my first submission, it already takes 15 business days
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/9/AMKTHELP-19141
App key is io.helloclerk.invoices

This is my first Jira app, I was developing it for one year and now very excited about the launch, but the app has stumbled at approval stage :frowning: Really counting on your help :pray:

Hi,

I have been waiting one month now for approval on a straightforward app, and there has been no communication or indication on progress what so ever.

@nmansilla, how can this be escalated? It has only been 2 months that @chparker mentioned that the avg approval time was about 10 business days, and the team was on top off the backlog. Wasn’t this true?

How do you expect new people joining and expanding the ecosystem if Atlassian doesn’t have its processes around the Marketplace in order? It a substantial part of Atlassian business, but that doesn’t get reflected here. Please, get things sorted quickly!

Thanks
Stefan

1 Like

Hi @stefankohler,

We’re still implementing the initiatives that I touched upon in the previous post you referenced from myself. This is taking a little bit longer than we expected due to a variety of reasons. As I mentioned in the previous post we’re getting back on top of the queues, but we aren’t exactly where we want to be yet. The work we’re doing behind the scenes will get us there.

Data Center approvals (as is your submission in this specific example) generally take a little bit longer because of the two-prong process, I’m not excusing the wait time you’ve experienced though. We have a specific issue type that can be raised if you are concerned about a delay with the review of a submitted app:

App Review Inquiry

In your previous post you highlight the need for up-to-date turnaround times for approvals, this is definitely something we are looking at implementing. We have an action item in place for the current sprint we’re (Marketplace Vendor Support) working on relating to this. Previously, we had a field present on review tickets which denoted the position in the queue the app was at. This broke quite some time ago and we didn’t have the time or the resources to fix it, it’s on our action item list now, along with other initiatives to improve our whole approach to submissions to the Atlassian Marketplace.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi @chparker,

Thanks again for you response, It’s much appreciated and makes me feel bad for asking (again).
I wasn’t aware of the inquiry ticket, should have read the email better :slight_smile:

I do understand the issues behind the scene and hope the team is able to make improvements beneficiary to both you and the vendors.

Cheers,
Stefan

Hi there. I submitted an app for approval yesterday but didn’t get any kind of confirmation. I know it was received because now the app listing is locked and the status is “Submitted”. Can you please look up my submission and make sure there is an issue associated with it?

Thanks.

Richard

Hi @richardtlea,

Your submission has been approved, we will looking into the ticket creation issue.

Cheers,
Ankur

1 Like

@ayarazarvi
Hi there, we have uploaded a new add-on on 17 Feb, it’s like almost 20 days and we have received zero reaction on our reviewal process which is very frustrating. I thought maybe it is a bug of Marketplace since it is quite often unavailable last days, so I created a new issue asking if our app is any queue at all, but have received no response too.

How can I get some attention to my reviewal process?
Ticket: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/9/AMKTHELP-21279
VENDOR_ID: 1210923
APP_ID: 1222085
APP_KEY: io.reconquest.snake

I understand that the marketplace reviewers are quite busy due to increased workload but it would be great to have any reaction to tickets that are waiting for 15+ days with no response.

1 Like

@ayarazarvi, we’re in the same category as many of the posters above.

We submitted our app on 2 Mar and haven’t heard any feedback yet. Can you please let us know when our app can be reviewed/approved?

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/DEVHELP-4231

We understand that the marketplace must be very busy these days, especially with the imposed remote working many companies are implementing now. In that respect, even an ETA or acknowledgement would be useful (as we have yet to receive any of that, so we’re not even sure if the app submission follows the right format).

Please let us know how we can get this over the line.

Best,

Hey Leomen, I have highlighted this to the concerned team, apologies for the delay.

Thanks very much @ayarazarvi. Is there anyone from that team I can contact directly (via email or via these forums) to get an update on our approval status?

Hi, We are still waiting for Cloud app release under Jira Service Management

@ayarazarvi Is it possible to know when the approval will be done?
Cheers,

Hi,

same here, 21 days and ticket is still open :frowning: Jira Service Management

Cheers

Hmm I cannot access ticket created by Marketplace bot Jira Service Management
This happened second time to me.

Hi @leomen, Looks like the ticket was resolved, thanks for your patience.