MVC web app migration to jira plugin

I have MVC webapp with technology stack (HTML, JS, Bootstrap). I want to migrate my webapp to JIRA plugin. I can’t go for AUI as I have some component (complex grid table) written in JS which would be difficult to rewrite in AUI JS . Is there any documentation / steps which you can guide me to rewrite my webapp in to JIRA plugin.

Hi @sachinjadhav123,

What steps have you gone through in your project conversion? AFAIK, you could always use any JS framework, either vanilla or any library in the view component of a plugin. AUI JS is a library to make it easier to implement dialogs, etc, and make your app look more “Atlassian-ey”. But you could always import your styles and javascript files within your vm template.

Cheers,
Anne Calantog

Hi @sachinjadhav123, is your question about how to create a Jira plugin? I’m not completely clear on what you’re trying to do, so I’m guessing that is what you are asking.

The answer will depend on whether you are building a plugin for the hosted Jira or the self-hosted one.

For hosted Jira, you will want to build a Connect app, so you can start here: About Jira Cloud platform

If you’re building for a self-hosted version of Jira, you want to build a P2 plugin. You can learn about that here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/create-a-helloworld-plugin-project/

The guides I linked above will take you from nothing through to having a running plugin. I’m not personally aware of guides written about taking existing webapps and bundling them in to a plugin. That journey will likely be unique to your webapp, but I believe those guides I linked should be instructive enough for you to put your existing webapp code in the right places for it to work.

If I’ve misunderstood your question, please clarify and I’ll do what I can to help you further.

Cheers,
Daz