Need to add new line character to Description in Custom Report

I need to add new line character to the description of a custom report. I added \n like in the following example:

In the atlasssian-pluging.xml file I have:

<report name="Work Item Burn Up" i18n-name-key="work-item-burn-up.name" key="work-item-burn-up" class="com.atlassian.plugins.tutorial.jira.reports.WorkItemBurnUp">
    <description key="work-item-burn-up.description">The Work Item Burn Up Report</description>
    <resource name="view" type="velocity" location="/templates/reports/work-item-burn-up/view.vm"/>
    <resource name="i18n" type="i18n" location="WorkItemBurnUp"/>
    <label key="work-item-burn-up.label"></label>

In the WorkItemBurnUp.properties file I have the following description:

work-item-burn-up.description= Use story point of all work items below the plan items included in the filter. Filter examples: \n(Feature burn-up for version AET-2018-Q3) project = AETMTPLP AND issuetype = Features AND fixVersion = AET-2018-Q3. \n(Feature burn-up for PI4 of 2018 based on all items which are linked below features): Project = AFJ AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("‘Target PI’ = ‘18 PI4’ AND issuetype=Features", “parent of”). \nNote: Use the “Project” statement at the beginning of your query in order for the report to get the associated releases with the Project(s).

But it did not work using \n or
, the description is put in a single line. How can I add new line character on the desccription, so that it is shown properly in the Configuration page of the Custom Report?

If it is no possible to add a description with new lines, how can I put the information on the Configuration Page of the Report line by line like this?

Use story point of all work items below the plan items included in the filter. Filter examples:
(Feature burn-up for version AET-2018-Q3) project = AETMTPLP AND issuetype = Features AND fixVersion = AET-2018-Q3.
(Feature burn-up for PI4 of 2018 based on all items which are linked below features): Project = AFJ AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("‘Target PI’ = ‘18 PI4’ AND issuetype=Features", “parent of”).
Note: Use the “Project” statement at the beginning of your query in order for the report to get the associated releases with the Project(s).

And how can I format the information like putting bold, italic text, etc.?

Thanks,

Edgar