New Issue Field type released

Hi everyone,

I’m glad to announce that we’ve just launched a new type of Issue Field for Connect apps: read only. This allows apps to display values of issue properties in an issue field which won’t be editable by users.

Read the docs here:

If you have any questions or requests, don’t hesitate to let us know.

9 Likes

Nice!

We were waiting on this but we have two questions:

1. Is it possible to add a list of strings as a read-only field? A bit like how a multi-select works.
  2. Can we do something with the rendering of those fields? We would like to make the values links.
1 Like

@srusso Nice work! We have been looking forward to this new feature.

Tested this morning and works perfectly :+1: Just one thing I noted in the docs: The read-only issue field type is sometimes referred to as read-only and sometimes as read_only. The correct value is read_only - with the underline. The version with the dash does not work in the descriptor.

Would be good if this can be updated in the docs. Thanks!

3 Likes

@m.kuijpers Thank you for checking it out and providing feedback. That’s an interesting suggestion. We’ll be happy to evaluate adding it at a later stage. What ideas do you have to use read only fields with their current capabilities?

@tbinna Thanks for pointing that out, and happy the feature works for you!

Unfortunately, this kind of field cannot be used in “Regular Expression Check” built-in Jira validator.

+1 for templates

Also I wonder why extractions are not available?

Hi @george1,
read-only Issue Fields are stored in Issue Entity Properties, so you can put an extraction on those.