New JIRA plugin setup with custom field not working

I am creating a new JIRA plugin using atlas-create-jira-plugin as explained on https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/create-a-helloworld-plugin-project/ and then running atlas-create-jira-plugin-module to create a new Custom Field (option 4).

I also updated the properties in the pom.xml to have the latest versions:

<jira.version>9.5.0</jira.version>
        <amps.version>8.9.0</amps.version>

The generated code from atlas-create-jira-plugin-module unfortunately does not work as it adds @Scanned on the custom field class, which does not exist. After some searching, I found that this is normally no longer needed if Spring Scanner 2 is used (which is the case in the project that was generated by the Atlassian SDK). If I remove that @Scanned, then I can start JIRA with my plugin loaded. But I can’t select my custom field in JIRA. Any idea how I can debug this further?

Update. In the target/jira/home/log/atlassian-jira.log file, I found this exception:

Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 0; 
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: 
No qualifying bean of type 'com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.persistence.CustomFieldValuePersister' available:
 expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate. Dependency annotations: {}

What should I change to fix this?

1 Like