Ngrok issue ERR_NGROK_6022

I ran into this problem. I have signed up for an ngrok account and setup the auth token using the CLI.
I’d recommend running the following debugging steps:

• Login into the ngrok portal to see if your endpoints are listed when your server starts up (ngrok - Online in One Line)
  • If you see your tunnel there, then my solution wont work for you. If your tunnel is not shown in that list, but the Atlassian app logs that it has started a tunnel it means, that the ngrok library used by the Atlassian app is unable to read your auth token from your file system to be able to associate the tunnel with your id. Without this, the tunnel wont allow external traffic to come to your local machine and you get the ERR_NGROK_6022 error.

If you goto the github page for this library , the config section shows that the file must reside at the following locations:

OS X /Users/example/.ngrok2/ngrok.yml
Linux /home/example/.ngrok2/ngrok.yml
Windows C:\Users\example.ngrok2\ngrok.yml

For some reason the ngrok set auth token command creates the ngrok.yaml file in a different location (/Users/user/Library/Application\ Support/ngrok/ngrok.yml for me). I copied this file over to ~/.ngrok2 folder and restarted my app and it started working totally fine. I can verify that the ngrok portal shows my tunnel once i startup the Jira app.

2 Likes