Noob here, i want to know if it's possible to add worklog for another user

as far as i can tell, jira api doesn’t support it (it can only log work for the user making the request), the posts i’ve seen googling this stuff usually tell me to “ADD AN EXTENSION SO THE SCRUM MASTER CAN ENTER IT MANUALLY”
but i want to do it via in an automated way, i’ve seen post saying i should build an app(? no idea with what) so i can use it to log work in that manner, can you point me in the right direction please?

@RicardoOvando - according to the API docs for this method, it doesn’t appear that this possible. How you would log work for another user via the API would be one of two ways:

1. Build and install an app that has the scope ACT_AS_USER – and then your app can make API calls on behalf of users via impersonation – where your app can fetch a token for a specific user that you’d use on the add worklog method.
    -or-
  2. Use account-level API tokens (like personal access tokens). While this isn’t a scalable solution for a large organization, it would allow you to make API calls on behalf of your team members without having to build a Connect application. To create an account-level API token: Atlassian account > Security > Create and manage API tokens.