Not able to do GET request to view deactivated users

rest-api

Hi,
I don’t seem to be able to get information about deactivated users through the Hipchat REST API. I’m using a GET request to to view a user. I’ve used it many times before and there have never been any problem. Except for when I try to do a GET request on a deactivated user. In this case the response body is

{
“error”: {
“code”: 404,
“message”: “Target user 3571 is not a valid user”,
“type”: “Not Found”
}
}

However, I can still view this user through the admin web interface. Is this how it supposed to be? Do I do something wrong or is this a bug in the REST API?

Hi @alexander.volminger - I don’t know if there was a change, so perhaps you can help clarify… are you saying that in the past, you could deactivate a user, and still use GET /v2/user2/{id} and you’d still get the record? If so, I’m guessing that is_deleted (in the response) was true?

Meanwhile, I’ll ask someone from the HipChat team to chime in.

Hi @nmansilla,
Thank you for the response! To my knowledge we never been able to see deactivated users with the GET request. It was only recently that we first tried show these users with GET > /v2/user/{id}. I have never seen a response body that have is_deleted as true, since the problem with the GET request seems to be with these users.