Open new page screen with Forge?

Hello Developer Community!

I’m quite new with Atlassian Forge. So far I created a simple Confluence macro with using some Confluence REST API.

But for another use case I’d like to have a button/ link on a page. When clicking the button the new Confluence page screen (blank page) should be opened and some predifiend labels should be applied automatically.
My idea is to create a macro but I’m not sure which documentation to look at for building the URL. I suspect there should be some javascript documentation but I couldn’t find it.
And will it even be possible to open that page with Atlassian Forge?

kind regards,
Charlie

It sounds like what you’d like to do is somewhat feasible

Where do you imagine this button/link being? You’re effectively limited to where you can show the button inside of Confluence by the Confluence modules listed here: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/manifest-reference/modules/. Those modules are the extension points where a Forge app’s content/buttons can be shown.

On the creation side, I believe you could use the Product Fetch API to make a request to the Create Content endpoint to create a new page. And then follow-up with update requests to add labels.

I do not think there is a URL format that you can use to do this.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to add this button in a custom macro. So not somewhere in the actual UI.
I will take a look at that product fetch API.