Pointing me in the right direction for JSM integration for custom Customer Portal

We have an existing customer community that we’re using to use to surface our existing news, blog posts, forum, Q&A, downloads, etc etc to our customers (it is all behind a login) and we recently starting using Jira Service Management.

Right now the customer community is separate from JSM and we’re now at a point where we are trying to add the ability for our users to see their JSM requests in our customer community without having to go to the separate JSM URL.

It is my understanding that we should be implementing OAuth 2.0 (3LO). Is that right?

Is there a chance that there are companies out there that we can consult with to help us build this? I’ve tried using the partner directory but I don’t see a filter for Jira Oauth experience.

Thank you,
Nathan

1 Like

Hi Nathan,

Probably a really niche topic.
We do the same in our app and integrate the portal into microsoft teams. Microsoft Teams for Jira & JSM - Smart Connect | Atlassian Marketplace

It is not possible to use oauth2 with customer users. So you basically need a full connect app and impersonate the user that way. Big issue will be authentication between your community and Jsm portal