Preparing for Confluence 8.0 - EAP coming soon

@jponting @ttranminh @ggautam (sorry, I don’t know who to ping here)

As of today the EAP downloads page only provides access to m69, whereas Preparing for Confluence 8.0 does still list m60 as the latest EAP release.

I downloaded m69 and upgraded my existing m45 installation by replacing the distribution files. After startup it told me that some of my apps where disabled, so I tried to uninstall them.

This resulted in an NullpointerException in some Xwork class:

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationUtil.buildParentsFromString(ConfigurationUtil.java:53) ~[org.apache.struts_struts2-core-2.5.30-atlassian-3.jar:2.5.30-atlassian-3]
	at com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.XWorkModuleDescriptor.buildPackageContext(XWorkModuleDescriptor.java:339) ~[com.atlassian.confluence_confluence-8.0.0-m69.jar:?]
	at com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.XWorkModuleDescriptor.getPackages(XWorkModuleDescriptor.java:118) ~[com.atlassian.confluence_confluence-8.0.0-m69.jar:?]
	at com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.XWorkModuleDescriptor.destroy(XWorkModuleDescriptor.java:380) ~[com.atlassian.confluence_confluence-8.0.0-m69.jar:?]
	at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.notifyUninstallPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:1087) ~[com.atlassian.plugins_atlassian-plugins-core-7.1.4.jar:?]

Attaching a debugger revealed that the XWorkModuleDescriptor instance from the stack had set its configuration field set to null, resulting in the NPE.

This exception apparently interrupts the app uninstallation process in such a way that I’m unable to remove the app.

Just wanted to let you know.

Not sure if it’s a temporary thing, but I suppose the EAP downloads page should provide access to the milestones you consider stable enough for mentioning/linking on the ‘preparing for’ page.
In the meantime m60 can be downloaded from the maven repo.

1 Like