I am trying to get started to develop a bitbucket app and the least I can say is that the documentation is quite confusing. I have read the following documentation
- Bitbucket/getting-started: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/getting-started/
- Atlassian Marketplace: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/
There are several questions that seem very basic and do not have a simple answer on this documentation.
- What is the difference of implementation effort between a cloud and a data-center app? Is there example of difference here? Any example of a data-center and cloud app for bitbucket?
- When I create an App, I cannot even add Bitbucket as APIs and Features. Why?
Now, talking specifically about the cloud app page
- What is an example of payload for each webhook?
- What are the list of all potential webhooks? I want to receive a hook when there is a push. How do I know how to specify this?
- In ther oauthConsumer module, what is
- In the app descriptor, what is a
webPanelselements? There is no link on the documentation about what it is and how the elements are even used by the app.
- During the installation, the installation handshake sends a security context. I supposed it contains a symmetric key for encrypting the JWT but this is not even specified. What is the security context? How to use it? Any example? There is nothing specific (e.g. how the payload is sent, how it looks like, etc).
Finally, this is unclear if Bitbucket app can be put on the Marketplace (see first two questions). It would be great to have clear, unambiguous answers to these questions.