On Jira Server, we’ve created a Checklist CustomFieldType which uses custom velocity templates for rendering in the Issue screens.
We’re trying to have it render properly in the Jira Macro in Confluence.
- The macro uses JQL to obtain the issues to display
- The issues are displayed as a table in the Display Options
- The custom field was added to the list of columns to display.
The macro seems to be only using the velocity template (which is defined in our atlassian-plugin.xml) whose name is
xml which doesn’t give a good value output in confluence.
- Has anyone ever managed to created a custom renderer for CustomFieldTypes for the Jira Macro in Confluence?
- Is another Velocity Template resource name to be defined in the atlassian-plugin.xml?
- In case there isn’t, can macros share information between them in the Confluence pages? (IE we could create a custom macro and pull the JQL and shown columns from the Jira Macro to then replace the rendered value in the columns) I know I can get the page’s content with the
<ac>tags but I would prefer to not parse strings if avoidable.