REST APIs for next-gen Jira projects

Hello Community!

My name is Abhinaya Sinha and I am a PM at Atlassian working on REST APIs for next-gen Jira.

We want to make sure that we work with you, our customers - app developers and vendors - in providing capabilities so that your apps can work on next-gen Jira projects too!

As you might be aware from this blog post, we are adding REST API support for next-gen. So far, we have added project scoped information to GET end points. Please let us know if you are still having trouble accessing information on next-gen projects from REST GET end points. And we would love to get your inputs as we start building POST/PUT/DELETE APIs.

What’s involved in the research

• Sessions are 30 mins in duration and conducted over video-conference, so you can participate from anywhere around the globe.
  • After scheduling, you’ll receive a calendar invite with a video-conference link.
  • We’ll start with a general chat to get to know you, then, we might explore some options on building mutation APIs.

If you’re interested in taking part, please choose a time that works with your schedule below:
Click here to schedule your session

If you have any other questions at all, feel free to reply to this post or email me directly on asinha@atlassian.com. We look forward to meeting you!

Cheers,
Abhinaya Sinha

3 Likes

Hello Community!

Thanks to those who responded and gave their valuable time in meeting me.

I would love to speak with more of you! Kindly use this link to schedule a session. If you have any other questions at all, feel free to reply to this post or email me directly at asinha@atlassian.com.

Cheers,
Abhinaya Sinha

Hi @AbhinayaSinha,

Do you have a documentation page available for the apis getting developed for next-gen ?

Hi @AbhinayaSinha,

Will all the REST API GET projects endpoint return the style attribute for Jira Cloud accounts?

Thanks,
Raul

Hi @sanjeev.pande,

We’ll be publishing a community post and updating the developer documentation in the next couple of months. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Abhinaya

1 Like

Hello again,

Is anybody aware if this is happening right now or not?

Kindly,
Raul

Hello,

Kind reminder to my previous question.

@AbhinayaSinha ?

Thanks,
Raul

Hi @RaulPopadineti

My apologies for the late response. Project GET apis return the style attribute whereas other GET APIs return the scope attribute. Does that answer your question.

Cheers,
Abhinaya

1 Like

Hey, I am really missing some way to get the start date of a Next-Gen epic.

As far as I can tell, you have created a locked custom field for this called “Start Date” but that seems to be all I have to go by.

This forces me to first fetch the list of all fields and look for a date field with this name and then hope that this particular jira instance doesn’t have more than one field with that name.

Is there an easier way to find the id of the correct start date field?