Rolling out support for apps in the new Jira Cloud issue view

Hi @tpechacek

1. In regard to your question the web panel is completely blank and I use the location ‘left.context…’. It’s only purpose is to load code to poll my servers and possibly show a message using AP.Flag. I had a look at the documentation and there doesn’t seem to be a issue operation (just glance content and field, although field is shown twice)

2. Ok I understand where you are coming from with this change. May I suggest a possible future enhancement. Allow the user to pin the expanded content open. That way they can see the entire panel (without re-opening it everytime) if they wish.

One other question! It states in the documentation that we should have the old web panel as well as the new issue glance/content and that at some stage in the future they won’t support the web panels and we can remove them. Since plugin users don’t have to upgrade to the latest version (I have several on older versions of my plugin) will the web panel always be supported or will users on older version of the plugin suddenly find functionality missing?

Thanks
Paul