Running script when jira opens

Hello. I’ve run into a problem. I want to display a dialog to user when he opens Jira (if some criteria are met). Is there a way to run a script when any jira page is loaded? Or maybe is there some other way that it’s possible to do, like defining condition to auto-open when the condition is met?

In general I’d like to know if there’s a possibility to add JS to Jira that would execute on every page. I know I can’t access Jira DOM and everything is sandboxed in iframe, but is it possible to have an iframe that’s attached to every page?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @DariuszLenart,

There might be an extension point such as atl.footer that appears on every page. You could define a web panel bound to this location that shows no UI in the panel itself, but checks the conditions you require and opens a dialog if met. For efficiency, hopefully you can define your web panel as cacheable and check the conditions by making client side calls only.

Regards,
Dugald

Thank you very much. That’s exactly what I was looking for.

While developing an app on new Jira UI I realised there’s no atl.footer. Is there any point in new interface that can serve the same purpose?

Hi @DariuszLenart,

ACJIRA-1640 requests the addition of an extension point such as this.

Regards,
Dugald