Self signed cert error on forge deploy

Hi there,
I haven’t been able to find a similar issue anywhere else, I’ve started to look at Forge app creation for Confluence and followed the Getting Started guide and the Build a Confluence hello world app steps.
When I get to the “forge deploy” step - all is well until the “Uploading App” stage, when I get the following error:

Blockquote
Error: request to https://deployment-artifacts-914424261525-us-west-2.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/.........&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=**host failed, reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain**

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks
Neill

Hi Neill,

the certificate on that site looks good to me.

Is it possible that you’re using a proxy that intercepts and reencrypts the connection? Like a corporate proxy or something like mitmproxy?

Cheers,
Tobi

Hi Tobi,
Thanks for your reply!
I’ve double checked my connection and I’m not running through my corporate VPN or anything similar.

Cheers
Neill

Solved!
So there was another corporate application running on my laptop which was intercepting requests made to AWS and proxying them, swapping in it’s own (self-signed) cert…
When I disable that app, everything works fine and cert I see is the same as Tobi’s above.

1 Like