Set allowfullscreen on Connect macro's iframe

Is there a way to set allowfullscreen on the top level iframe that Connect uses to contain a macro? This would be useful for macros that can be used to embed videos.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @TureHoefner,

There is no way for an app to add the allowfullscreen property to the iframe URL. I believe there was debate within Atlassian as to whether Connect should add this property, but I don’t know the details.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like

Thank you @dmorrow. Do you think it would be appropriate for me to open a DEVHELP ticket to request this? Do you know if there is a technical reason not to want to allow full screen? If it’s a matter of priorities vs resources I’d like to get the Feature Request entered so that folks can vote on it.

We have had multiple customers request it (we have an HTML macro for Cloud).

People are looking for a way to fullscreen videos in cloud, see the later comments here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Fullscreen-not-working-for-youtube-videos-with-Widget-Connector/qaq-p/640588
and here: Confluence Cloud: How to allow Full-screen in iFra...

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @TureHoefner,

I found an issue in the backlog requesting a method to activate fullscreen mode: ACJS-32.

Would opening a chromeless Connect dialog with 100% width and height serve as a reasonable workaround in the absense of true fullscreen support?

Regards,
Dugald

3 Likes

I think that’s a great idea. I’m new to the Atlassian ecosystem so I’m not sure how easy/hard that will be but it sure sounds like a workaround to me. I’ll add some notes to our internal record for this issue and give it a shot.

Thanks for digging up that ACJS-32… I’ll watch that.

1 Like

Thanks @dmorrow! Yes please that would be a great feature so we can provide a more joyful experience to our customers.
Cheers,
Brendan

1 Like