"sizeToParent" general pages have the wrong height on Cloud

The new navigation just got enabled on my Cloud instance, and there is a problem with the layout. The content column is too high and always receives a vertical scrollbar, even when its content wouldn’t require one. The reason is that its height is set to 100vh, even though 56px or 70px are taken by the navigation on top. On normal Confluence pages this is not a problem, but our app provides some general pages that use the sizeToParent option and use a flex layout where some areas are scrollable. The result is that the iframe is taller than the browser window and there are nested scrollable areas.

7 Likes

I wanted to confirm that we also noticed this bug for our app general pages when using Confluence Cloud with the new top navigation.

I also noticed that in some standard Confluence pages (e.g. People https://example.atlassian.net/wiki/people/search) a scrollbar appears when it should not appear. The cause is the same that content height is set to 100vh not taking into account the top navigation bar height.

Kind regards,
Raimonds

2 Likes

We have also noticed that sizeToParent creates too large of an iframe when banners are displayed, such as the ones heralding the coming of the new editor.

1 Like

Brought this up with the Confluence Cloud Team and they created this DEVHELP ticket - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69080

2 Likes

This issue impacts all Easy Agile cloud apps in Jira Cloud as well. Can we please get an update on this?
Thanks

Dave

1 Like

Hi all,

Our team is looking into this issue. We’ll provide updates in a few days. Thank you for your patience.

Elaine
Confluence PM

1 Like

Hi @edave,

Can you confirm if this is something that’s breaking any functionality from any of the Easy Agile cloud apps? I had a look on my instance and it appears to be working as-is, but obviously it’s not aesthetically pleasing to have a double scrollbar…

Thanks,
Matt

Hi @mtse.

Sorry for the slow response.

No. It does not break our apps, however since we have an internal scrollbar, it degrades the experience as vertical scrolling can sometimes focus the wrong frame and scroll the whole app instead of the internal scrollable area. It makes us look amateur and will undoubtedly impact our conversion rate.

I appreciate your looking into this and hope that it can be treated as a regression and a fix shipped promptly.

Cheers!

Dave

Hey Dave,

This should now be fixed. Please double check on your side and if not, please let me know so I can further investigate. I had a look on my instance and no longer see the double scrollbar appearing.

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks for that @mtse. It looks great now.

This issue is solved for us as well - both in Jira and Confluence.