Smart link object-resolver issues?

Just curious to see if it’s me that didn’t understood this properly or there’s a bug in Confluence. When inside a confluence page and linking to another page, Confluence auto resolves the link and displays the page name in a nice format.

Now, it seems that this is not happening when in Chrome Incognito mode or even any other browser where you’re not logged in the space. I’m pretty sure that I tested that before. Now, when the user isn’t logged in, the object-resolver API returns a 401.

The end result is that now, my public doc is showing the complete URL instead of the nice link with the page name.

Hi @yvesriel,

That’s an interesting case. I believe the implementation changed from a bespoke solution to a more generic smart links solution that utilises Forge. The new solution’s requests to resolve links goes through our API gateway which explains why you’re now seeing the 401 responses when not logged in.

Regards,
Dugald

Hi @dmorrow,

Really grateful that you took a look at this request!

So, you “kind-of” confirm that this probably did work before? Do you expect to correct this situation or do I have to create Hyperlinks for all references now?

IMHO, this should not be protected as some spaces are public via anonymous access.

Thanks!

Yves

Hi @yvesriel,

I suspect you are correct in that the links used to work when accessing anonymously, but I haven’t investigated the issue to this extent. I have lodged CONFCLOUD-71673 to have this fixed, but I suspect it may take a while to fix. Smart link resolving is a platform component so the Confluence Cloud team would be dependent on another team to get this done.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like

Thanks @dmorrow!

However, I must admit that I’m sad to hear to this is being considered a small issue. If I’m right and that it used to work like this then it’s more than a small annoyance and should impact many customers. We just don’t have a tendency to check the pages in anonymous mode so people might not quickly realise the problem.

Yves

1 Like

Hi @yvesriel,

I see your point about the priority so I’ve increased it and requested a Confluence PM to review.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like