[SOLVED] How to render aui-dialog2 contents the Jira way

I have a Jira velocity page which defines an aui-dialog2 popup window element like so:

<section id="address-dialog" class="aui-dialog2 aui-dialog2-small aui-layer" role="dialog" aria-hidden="true">
        <header class="aui-dialog2-header">
            <h2 class="aui-dialog2-header-main">$i18n.getText("project.template.university.settings.location.create")</h2>
            <a class="aui-dialog2-header-close"><span class="aui-icon aui-icon-small aui-iconfont-close-dialog">Close</span></a>
        </header>
        <div class="aui-dialog2-content">
            <div class="field-group">
                <label for="address-location-name">Name<span class="aui-icon icon-required">(required)</span></label>
                <input class="text medium-field" type="text" id="address-location-name" name="location-name" >
            </div>
                <label for="address-location-city">Ort<span class="aui-icon icon-required">(required)</span></label>
                <input class="text medium-field" type="text" id="address-location-city" name="location-city" >
            </div>
                <label for="address-location-zip">PLZ<span class="aui-icon icon-required">(required)</span></label>
                <input class="text medium-field" type="text" id="address-location-zip" name="location-zip">
            </div>
                <label for="address-location-county">Bundesland<span class="aui-icon icon-required">(required)</span></label>
                <select class="select" id="address-location-county" name="location-county">
                </select>
            </div>
        </div>
        <footer class="aui-dialog2-footer">
            <div class="aui-dialog2-footer-actions">
                <button id="address-submit-button" class="aui-button aui-button-primary">Speichern</button>
            </div>
        </footer>
    </section>

the dialog is properly displayed, however, its contents look like ugly non-formatted raw HTML.

I was expecting them to be rendered like all other jira controls.
I have also added the $webResourceManager.requireResource("com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-dialog2") expression in the velocity template’s head section. What am I missing here?

The documentation for forms clearly dictates that you are supposed to embed fields in a <form> element. The form should have a class equal to aui.

<form class="aui" id="my-form" name="myForm">
    <div class="field-group">...</div>
    <div class="field-group">...</div>
    <div class="buttons-container">
        <div class="buttons">...</div>
    </div>
</form>
1 Like

ok, I changed my template to include the aui-form like so

<div class="aui-dialog2-content">
            <form class="aui" id="address-form" name="addressForm">
                 </div>
            </form>
</div>

unfortunately, nothing changed for the rendering.

Are you sure the changes were reflected in the app? (i.e rebuilt after the changes and you saw it in DOM?) Because I was able to reproduce this behavior with your initial code in a dialog2 in documentation, which did get fixed by wrapping it in <form class="aui">

Indeed! You are right. I cannot see the added <form class="aui"> tag in the dom. When I add it manually it works like a charm. Questions is why is not rebuild properly. I even cleaned the whole project with atlas-clean.sh as well as cleared my browser cache. But still the form tag does not appear in the generated html.

1 Like

I’m not sure, could be that the instance starts with old plugin jar from your local maven repository?

Depending on how you are building the plugin, you could try atlas-ci, and pi (plugin install)
after starting the instance.

Or if you are using quickReload plugin, maven package should be enough.

Final foolproof way would be manually installing the jar from /target using Jira add-ons page :slight_smile:

Hi, I use it also by this way

$webResourceManager.requireResource("com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-select2")

<head>

<script> 
		$(document).ready(function() { 
			AJS.$(".js-select").select2(); 
			// $('.js-select').select2(); 
		});
	</script>
</head>

<body>

<select class="js-select" id="selectScript" name="selectScript" style="width: 70%">
						<optgroup label="Action">
							#foreach($option in $scriptList.entrySet())
								#if ($option.getKey().startsWith("action."))
								<option #if ($selectScript && $selectScript==$option.getKey())selected="selected" #end)>$option.getKey()</option>
								#end
							#end
						</optgroup>
						<optgroup label="Condition">
								#if ($option.getKey().startsWith("condition."))
								<option #if ($selectScript && $selectScript==$option.getKey())selected="selected" #end)>$option.getKey()</option>
								#end
							#end
						</optgroup>
						<optgroup label="Others">
								#if (!$option.getKey().startsWith("condition.") && !$option.getKey().startsWith("action."))
								#end
							#end
						</optgroup>
					</select>

</body>

I found the problem. I had the section <form> element nested in the underlying velosity template HTML. By moving the <section> block out of the underlying form tag I resolved the problem.

Thank you for clarifying and letting us know where the solution was. :slight_smile: