Store read-only or invisible, searchable data with issue

We would like to export requirements from our tool to Jira Cloud instance via API and store the internal requirement GUID with the Jira issue to be able to find and update the issue later. We want to do it with the minimal Jira user/admin assistance. So far, the options are:

• Custom field - Jira instance admin has to setup the custom field. To make it read-only is even more complicated (e.g. views).
  • Issue property - no need to set up, but not searchable unless we made some Attlassian Connect app which must be installed by the instance admin.

Is this correct or are there any other option to store read-only or invisible, searchable data with the Jira issue?

@OndejMedek,

While your intent makes sense:

We want to do it with the minimal Jira user/admin assistance.

I would argue the point of installing a Connect App is for the admin to approve this data should come into the Jira Cloud site. Otherwise, what’s the point of authorization?

With that said, I wonder if Forge might better fit your needs than Connect?

@ibuchanan I see your point that installing a Connect/Forge App is for the admin kind of “mental” approval. Technically, Connect/Forge App makes just some properties searchable, they do not guarantee property security. Jira API allows any property change from any authorized user, no admin action is required. And it seems as a kind of security discrepancy for me. (Maybe Jira API should not allow access to non-registered properties?).

Anyway, thanks for pointing Forge app, didn’t know about them. Forge seems to make App development simpler.