Third party app compatibility

Hi,
my team and I are trying to collaborate with another vendor. In order to do so they have to fetch our field configuration. We managed to get this to work by using this API. We could already do some very basic rendering and even editing but it wouldn’t look good.
Right now this configuration is only available to admins, but we’de need it to be available for all users; either by changin the permissions required for the above mentioned endpoint, or even better, by including the configuration into the fields endpoint.
Any help is well appreciated.

Hi

It seems this question is more related to the Jira API than with Forge. I’ll forward this request to the appropriate team.

Hi, @KresimirNikolic,

Right now this configuration is only available to admins, but we’de need it to be available for all users

The configuration has to be accessible by admins only, because there is no guarantee that the app (or indeed, the admin) won’t store any data there that shouldn’t be accessible by regular users.

Why is this a problem, though? You should be able to set appropriate scopes in your app to access it.

Hi @kkercz,
you are right. With the help of folks from the other vendor we are working on exposing certain info that won’t harm us but give others the possibility to integrate our app within theirs.